(Original format by @SuricrasiaOnline )
Septagram Internet Hazard Catalogue Entry 069 - [The α-disruption]
Hazard type: Memetic Infohazard
Danger: Non-lethal(mostly*)/Low-to-medium disruption
[*I mean, you can't prove that it isn't -OBL]
The α-disruption is a infovorous meme complex embedded in certain fictional and non-fictional narrative tropes. It has a viral spread in every community with acess to the internet.
The primary vector for the discursive variant is algorithm-enhanced social media use
and the primary vector for the narrative variant is █████ ███ ████████ ███████ ████████ █████████ ██ ████████ ██ █████████ █████████ ██████████ [censored for your protection by the Order of Blind Librarians]
1. A belief in the importance of libraries as a foundational element of civilization.
2. A preference for information stored on paper as opposed to digitally. Elevated distress at seeing books be pulped, burned or otherwise destroyed.
3. An impulse to acquire rare books.
1. An increased affinity for the works of Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Jorge Luis Borges
2. writing, imagining or consuming fictions featuring infinite or otherwise dreamlike and surreal libraries.
3. Sucessive withdraval from society, pathological book hoarding.
Websites dedicated to shared fiction projects involving libraries or other fictional archives of information are monitored and hidden from search engines during periods of peak virality.
A team of security experts and social engineers have been assigned to monitor book-related communities on social media and when necessery deploy inocculating discurso-memetic agents.
Mild-to-moderate levels of α-disruption is considered benign, even beneficial, and no attempt is to be made eradicate α-disruption. As long as infection is kept within acceptable levels, ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ██████████ ██████████ ██ █ █████ ██████ ██ ██████ ██ ███████ ████ ████, ███ ████ [censored for your protection by the Order of Blind Librarians] needs to be fed.
This instance is focused around the furry community, and is open to anyone interested in it. It's open to all fluffies and scalies !
To contact meow.social, please use our contact form : https://tiwy57.me/page/meow.html. E-mails are not viewed on this address.
We do not accept any form of sponsored content on our site. If you like meow, consider donating something via paypal or Liberapay