monads/snouts meta summary w/links (322 words, cw: alt-right meme mention)
1. RussellsBarbershopQuartet, a Jewish user on monads dot online, posts a reply to a thread about Zionism: https://monads.online/@RussellsBarbershopQuartet/104982401836594882
2. The reply gets reported.
3. Dankwraith, monads admin, decides there was no rules violation...
4. ...and then screenshots the report (which happens to be from snouts dot online) to sling an intelligence-based insult at the anonymous reporter for reporting the post from 1 for antisemitism: https://monads.online/@dankwraith/104990437888262828 (fig. 1)
5. Shel, a Snouts user who happens to be dating a Snouts admin, replies to a thread from dankwraith where dankwraith continues to post about how ridiculous it is to report a Jewish user for antisemitism - https://monads.online/@dankwraith/104990466930657775 - to say that making public threads mocking people for sending reports that could well be in good faith is a bad thing: https://snouts.online/@shel/104990740914947748 (fig. 2)
6. DemoWeasel, A Snouts user - not a mod (some people say ex-mod?) and not previously involved in any of this - makes a comment about a past moderation argument, gets a hostile reply, and then dismisses that reply with an alt-right meme.
(Specifically, the Clown World one. LexYeen linked to a thing about it in https://snouts.online/@LexYeen/104994966587399624 with appropriate caveats.)
7. LuigiEsq on mastodon dot social screenshots this and describes it as "a Snouts mod calling everyone evil shitposters and then sending a Pepe to a native person the minute they get criticized." https://mastodon.social/@LuigiEsq/104994978198511778 (fig. 3)
8. DemoWeasel acknowledges being called out, apologizes, deletes the post, says he'll look into the folks using it to see if they're ignorant or fash https://snouts.online/@demoweasel/104994980715183422 (not bothering to screenshot because it's irrelevant).
As far as we can tell, that's the context of everything so far. There's also a lot of incidental ableism we didn't mention because it's not part of the discourse.
- Packmantis 🦗
clarifying note re: monads/snouts meta summary
@packbat (personal opinions) oh, I realized this is the same person (LuigiEsq) that has been complained about as a mod on m.s so much that a handful of instances I know of have straight up defeded with m.s (after asking for them to take the role more serious got met with screenshot dunking mockery)
not telling other people what to do but I feel affirmed in blocking mastodon.social myself
ableism meta, possibly just a hint of snark re: clarifying note re: monads/snouts meta summary
@Mycroft yes, LuigiEsq is in fact the exact same person who made some ableist posts and then publicly mocked the people who reported their ableist posts last week. And then claimed that people were cancelling them for making a crass joke. It's really indicative, frankly.